Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

When enough is enough

With my recent experience of needing physical therapy, due to my deltoid tendinitis, and my excruciatingly painful back problem in February, it is more than clear to me now that I need to listen to my body when it feels pain! Both problems were caused by exercising when injured, making a bad situation much worse. My deltoid tendinitis is slowly getting better, but now I worry that I may have permanently damaged the tendon that connects the deltoid to the lower arm, making for a chronic condition. My doctor claims that deltoid tendinitis usually doesn't become chronic, turning into tendonoses (a condition wherein the tendon actually changes in consistency, becoming more brittle and liable to fraying), as does rotator cuff tendinitis. But he did say that it might never feel 100%. Oh well, all I can do is hope it gets better. Maybe weightlifting is no longer a possible exercise for me.

No comments: