Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Off my diet

I've noticed over the past year that I tend to go off my diet in small episodes of time. Usually I go off on a Friday, associated with the end of the week and wanting to go out to a restaurant - Indian food or Thai food, which have many dishes that contain a good deal of bad carbs, sugar and fat. Once I'm off the wagon, so to speak, it's hard to get back on. For example, last night I went to an Indian restaurant, had a beer with my already carb and fat-loaded dish, and then a class of wine when I got home. Today, being that it's Saturday, I'm heading to a blues festival in town that will have the typical temptations of ribs and beer. My one consolation is that it hasn't been an all-out binge, and that in the past I have had small deviations from my diet without hugely negative results.

No comments: