Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Choice of doctor

Of all the accusations made against a single-payer health care system, the charge that we would not be free to choose our doctor is the most astounding. I'm currently looking for a new doctor, and just as before, the current system is very restrictive upon my "choice." Most importantly, I must choose someone in my insurance plan; if I hear of a doctor outside my plan, too bad, you don't have that choice. (With single-payer, you can choose any doctor, by way of contrast.) Anytime I hear the fear that a universal plan will take away choice, I know that this is propaganda devoid of substance. After all, what choice do I have now?

No comments: