Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Web MD

One health resource I have used from time to time is Web MD, one of a number of sites that have health information. I used this site recently when I experienced extreme back pain, due to an injured muscle, back in February. From my experience with the site, Web MD has a huge collection of articles on every conceivable health issue, and for the content it displays, it has won many awards. Currently, probably because of its advertisement efforts on TV, it is the dominant health site on the web.

Some pluses of the site include its organization of information according to categories (disease, symptom, drug, and health issue), its overall useful layout and appearance, and its use of community forums and personal forums.

No comments: