Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Starting out

I'm just starting out on this new blog idea --- that of recording my thoughts and resources surrounding the topic of health and fitness. I've especially gotten into health and fitness in the last couple of years, even though I've always been somewhat health conscious. My dad is a retired physician, and from the experience as a child, I've always had an interest in the way the body works. But, through my twenties, I let my health go, first with some bad habits and lack of exercise, then with overeating in my thirties just as my metabolism started to slow. As you can well guess, I gained a little weight in my mid-section and that was all I needed for motivation! Since then, I've been getting more health conscious with every year.

I hope my collected reflections and resources help you. If you would like to find a specific topic, scan the topics organized under labels (in the sidebar).

No comments: