Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Monday, September 7, 2009

All-out war against allergies

As allergy season approaches in central IL, I'm gearing up for an all-out war against the onslaught to come. Last year was my first year facing the allergy season here. Many people say that we have the worst hay fever season in the country, owing to the corn harvest in September and October. I remember last year, a year ago this Friday, when my allergies began. They didn't let up for three whole months. This year, though, my doctor said that I should be on a steady dose of Zyrtec, taken once every day. That dosage, and avoiding grass (last year I played disc golf endlessly on the weekends, a huge mistake) is this year's plan so far.

No comments: