Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Am I more susceptible to pain?

Wow, this NY Times report makes me wonder of my own sensibility to pain, being a redhead. Some scientists are saying that the same gene that gives redheads their red hair and fair skin also causes them to be more susceptible to pain. For that reason, redheads require more anesthesia and local pain killer when they go to the dentist or have local surgery! What surprises me is that I thought that I was fairly resistant to physical pain. And I've never had a problem at the dentist's office. This really makes me wonder....

No comments: