Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Traveling again

Once again I'm going to try to eat right and stay fit when traveling, this time in my car on the road! Eating right on the road isn't too hard, once you have gotten over the cultural pressures to eat crap when traveling. Basically, when all else fails, I find a place where I can get a Cobb salad or something similar - a mixture of vegetables with a protein source. Avoiding bad carbs, on the road that means all bread and potatoes, is a fundamental principle. This time around, however, I want to challenge myself to avoid caffeine. Usually I have my coffee in the morning. But when on the road I have a tendency to crave diet sodas, having to stop all the time for restroom breaks. I can't imagine anything worse for causing dehydration! Well, we'll see how it goes...

No comments: