Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Health care insurance is a racket

I have health insurance through my employer, a benefit that is supposed to help me when I have legitimate reasons to see a health care provider. Well, just this past fall I had issues with a rotator cuff injury that I'm just getting over. I saw a physical therapist for the injury, thinking that the expert advice he could offer would be worth the visit. Now that I've been to the therapist, a ***** from Healthcare Recoveries, a subsidiary of Trovers Inc., insists that I call her to speak of my treatment. From my brief time researching online, I determined that Trovers is in the business of getting back money for the health insurance companies, in my case, Blue Cross Blue Shield. Some of what they do is try to get the auto insurance companies, in case of auto accidents, or workmen's comp to pay for health care bills. But last time I called a company like this one, they were clearly fishing around for a pre-existing condition. Regardless, it is the insurance companies and parasites like Trovers, Inc. that are the problem with our health system.

I'm sick of these jokers. To get harassed every time I seek health care? This kind of administrative waste is exactly why we need a single-payer system.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also received two letters from a Cheri A. Hall (computer font signature)due to a chiropractic visit. My Health Insurance is also BCBS. I found your post while googleing them. I take it you never called these people and there were no consequences for that? I do not plan to contact them, but they keep contacting me. Did you ever find a remedy to stop the hassel? Thanks.

Corey said...

I probably should've held out and not called them back, but afraid there might be consequences, I did call them. In this particular case they were trying to determine if my injury was caused by my work, which would then be paid for by workman's comp and not health insurance.

Anyway, sorry I can't be of much help. In my view, it is one more instance when it is the corporate bureaucracy that is the problem. People talk about government as the sole problem when corporate tyrannies are much worse. Just last week, it was Wells Fargo pulling shenanigans.