Welcome!

Welcome to Corey's Health and Fitness Diary! On this blog, you might find interesting commentaries on health and fitness from my many diary entries on the subjects. It should be noted, however, that I'm not an expert on health and fitness, just an average Joe trying to live a healthy life. If expert advice is your goal, please consult your physician, nutritionist, weight trainer, or appropriate expert.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Harvest time is here again in Central IL

I was told just 2 days ago, by a Bloomington friend, that harvest season began here a week ago. He mentioned it because some people have claimed that the corn fields are the source of all the aphids in town, as they get dislodged from the fields and head to town in search for trees to mate. He was also pleasantly surprised that his allergies haven't kicked in, which up till that time, was true for me as well. But, since we've talked, my morning allergies have definitely gotten worse. Not as bad as last year, that's for sure, when I couldn't tell if I were sick or suffering from allergies for an entire 3 months! But, still, I gotta hunker down. My plan? Stay away from grass and weeds (no disc golf!), a daily dose of Zyrtec, a daily dose of locally produced honey, and hope.

No comments: